Monday, July 27, 2009

Prepping for League of N.H. Craftsmen's Fair

Mary-Alice here, digging out from piles of postcards and inventory.

The past several years I have enjoyed the honor of participating in The League of N.H. Craftsmen's Fair, one of the finest, most prestigious craft events in the country today. Prepping for this annual nine-day event is something else, something worth sharing I think. This year's fair is scheduled August 1-9 at the Mount Sunapee Resort in Newbury, N.H. between 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. daily (rain or shine).

Prepping for the Fair means frantically making display pieces, finishing any new pieces, inventory and all accessories and mini hat ornaments. Hundreds of new items to select from with a price range for everyone.

Of course it is all worth it when I see familiar faces who have eagerly awaited my return with new items for their grandchildren, daughters, nieces... Really it seems more like play than work once I'm set up and the gates open.

I hope to see you there! In the meantime, some pictures of my work/fun space.

No comments:

Post a Comment