Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Gift of an Experience . . .


After a business meeting yesterday morning, Tom and I took a few hours in the afternoon to ‘play tourist’ ... and boarded a seaplane to take an aerial tour of Lake Winnipesaukee. Yes, I am deathly afraid of heights, not to mention I haven’t been in a plane in over 20 years. But this was an invitation for an adventure I just couldn’t refuse. And now, I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

So if you are looking for a way to impress your out-of-town guests, or just want to try something new, I highly recommend Lakes Region Seaplane Services out of Laconia, NH.  http://www.seaplanetours.net/?page=home

The pilot, David C. French, and his wife Colleen, will welcome you as friends and provide an experience you will want to ‘write home about’. Five starts indeed!!!

Funny, in our day-to-day routine, we never seem to stop and enjoy the beauty that is all around us. I realized I don’t ... until viewed from above yesterday afternoon. Absolutely amazing!




And once back at the dock, Colleen took a picture for us.  And as you can see, I am standing ... and SMILING!

Truth be told, this was a birthday present.  I am not crazy about my age, but I do like my birthdays.  I never know what 'experience' the day will bring.  And that's what it's all about ... sharing an experience and creating a memory that will stay with me for my lifetime.  Fabulous!
.
Enjoy ...
M-A

(PS. I found a cute little video on youtube for Lakes Region Seaplane Services, by Brian Neidhardt. www.youtube.com/watch?v=obF1FX5SdW8. Check it out for yourself. But please note, the ride is ‘smooth as silk’, though this camera view does seem to have a ‘few’ shakes)

No comments:

Post a Comment