Friday, October 29, 2010

Where Does the Time Go?

In my previous ramblings about summer, how could I "forget" to mention the event that overtakes my summer each and every year, despite my best attempts not to let it do so?  I'm talking about the League of New Hampshire Craftsmen's Annual Fair (aka Sunapee Fair), a nine-day event (beginning the first Saturday in August), located in Newbury, NH at the base of Mount Sunapee, where we are "expected" to create a booth visually equal to the shops on Newbury Street (for those of you on the East Coast) and/or Rodeo Drive (for those of you on the West Coast), which is (hum) near impossible. Did I mention that we are in tents located at the base of a mountain?  And what does the land at the base of a mountain do?  It slopes in all different directions, of course.  In addition to the booth and inventory, a well-supplied stock of shims is absolutely necessary for survival. 

Well, there must be some magical pull as I have done this show for 30 plus years (30 plus years?) and keep going back for more.  It's because of the people ... all of you out there who have purchased an item (or two or three) from me over the years and return for more ... all of you who are new to the event and stop by to look (in amazement I might add) and chat and buy ... all of you who offer such praise that I am often at a loss for words.  Old friends, new friends, familar faces, new faces ... it's you, the people, that bring me back to Sunapee year after year.  And I am eternally grateful for your show of support ... thank you!



Now on a personal note ... a Happy Anniversary to us!
A couple of weeks ago I "realized" that I was about to celebrate my 32nd wedding anniversary.  How did that happen?  Was I old enough to be married for 32 years? 
Honestly, where does the time go?

Enjoy ...
Mary-Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment