Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Our House ...

Well, the holiday has arrived and we are staying put ... at home ... for Thanksgiving.  It's good to be home so please come in, have a seat and make yourself comfortable.








No travel, no schedule, no rush, no agenda, no nothing at all except food, relaxation and only those things we wish to do.  I am sooooo looking forward to it.
 
However, it takes a lot of preparation for a day of "nothingness", especially at Thanksgiving for the menu is a "kicker" ... so many dishes and different ingredients.  And though I'm not a cook (many thanks to Annie for providing recipes), I do know how to shop and after my latest excursion to the grocery store (local markets are closed for the season), I've declared that if we don't have it in the refrigerator, pantry or cellar, we don't need it! 


Once I put all this away and take care of a few other chores, too numerous to mention ... let the holiday begin!



From my home to yours ...
Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving

Enjoy
Mary-Alice



Not to rush the season but perhaps I should make a Christmas wish for Mr. Carpenter-man to return and finish my kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment