Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pretty in Pink

Many people work hard these days.  I know I work hard.  I also know I should learn to play hard(er) ... but when you love what you do, it's often difficult to find a distinctive line between the two.
I was sorting through the numerous pictures I've taken over the last few months and came upon this group which, in my opinion, give a little bit of insight into the work I put into each and every piece at Children's Couture.  The dress is one of my best-sellers, Breakfast with Tiffany, well-accessorized with my Cheshire Hat, another popular item from my Accessories Collection.  

And please note: I often use a mannequin for "viewing" the proportion and
drape/hang of a garment.  This mannequin, which some mistake for an actual child, is shown in the following pictures ... with pencil marks around her neck and arms (which are not "on" at the moment).  Please understand that I do not draw on real children.

Patternwork
Cut, Tuck & Center Back Loop Closure
Cut Collar, Bind Edge in Contrast and Preview Layout & Fit

Bind Armholes, Attach Collar and the Finished Result; an oh-so-nice roll-line

Cut Skirt Front (and back, not shown), Cut and Bind Tie Ends
Bodice Waist Piped, Skirt Attached and Tucked Hem Complete

Covered Buttons, Snaps and the Finished Back View ...
Well-Accessorized with the Cheshire Hat
And Ready to Ship
Who wouldn't want this dress!
Enjoy ...
M-A

No comments:

Post a Comment