Wednesday, November 23, 2011

To Be, Or Not To Be . . .

That really is the question this afternoon, the day before Thanksgiving.

For those of you who know me, you know I do not like to cook or bake.  I find it to be a total bore!  This proves problematic many an evening since my husband and I do not buy or eat prepared or packaged foods.  Luckily, I am married to a man who has decided he likes the job and though his repetoire isn't extensive, he does just fine in my cookbook.  (I think it's the "survival instinct" in him)

Can I cook?  Well, that's a matter of opinion ... but let's just say that I avoid the chore as often as I can.  In fact, I go by the philosophy I found on a greeting card ...

However, last week we made the decision to stay put ... at home ... on Thanksgiving, and came up with an "untraditional" holiday menu.  A feast that will delight our tastebuds ... and a day to do as we want that will satisfy our "souls".  Sounds good to me!  However, I'm determined to throw an apple pie into the mix, so to speak.  It's Tom's favorite ... and think it might be a nice gesture, on my part?

Full Disclosure: I've never made an apple pie in my life ... or any other pie for that matter.  So honestly, "to be, or not to be" that is the question before me this afternoon.  Will this work? Who knows! But I am prepared and off to the task at hand ...
But before I go, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a very ...

 Happy Thanksgiving!

Enjoy ...
M-A

No comments:

Post a Comment